tiistai 19. lokakuuta 2010

Fangirlism for those of you who could not make it to Rok-exbition at AntGallery

"THIS. IS. THE. MOST. AMAZING. THING. EVER. SOMEONE HOLD ME, I think I'm gonna cry. ;___;"
(Tweet by Lucia, Fan of Super Junior and Private Line, Jyväskylä)

I thought I'd share some photos of my Fangirlsm-paintings and drawings from AntGallerys Rok-exhibition here too since not everyone can always makee it to the exhibitions. Rok was a rock themed group exhibition held in AntGallery (Helsinki) in august 2010.

I took part of the exhibition with a series named Fangirlism. Instread of portraying rock stars I wanted to make fangirls visible. I stalked them on social networks like they stalk their idols and made portrays of them. Then I told them publicly on internet what I've done and used their reactions as a material to my works too.

Some of the pieces from the exhibition are still available. If you are interested in buying my art feel free to email me at rakel@rakelliekki.com


THIS. IS. THE. MOST. AMAZING. THING. EVER. SOMEONE HOLD ME, I think I'm gonna cry. ; ___;, 2010, acrylic


going to fangirlmode in 3...2...1... OH MY FUCKING GOD!, 2010, acrylic


Lucia, fan of Super Junior, 2010, acrylic, 1000 €


Lucia, fan of Private Line, 2010, acrylic, 1000 €


Bernadette, fan of Negative, 2010, pencil and colored pencil, 400 € (Price includes frames)


Emmi, fan of Herra Ylppö & Ihmiset, 2010, pencil and colored pencil, 400 € (Price includes frames)


Lucia, fan of Super Junior, 2010, pencil and colored pencil, 400 € (Price includes frames)


Lucia, fan of Private Line, 2010, pencil and colored pencil

And here is a general view of my works at the gallery space. Photos: Antti Ahonen